Beginning Saturday night, November 11, at 8 p.m., I-76 at Cleveland Massillon Rd. and Cleveland Massillon Rd. over I-76 will be CLOSED through Sunday, November 12, at 8 p.m. for the placement of bridge beams. Motorists traveling on I-76 will be able to exit at Cleveland Massillon Rd. and then re-enter I-76 via the Cleveland Massillon Rd. entrance ramp. For motorists who travel on Cleveland Massillon Rd. the detour will be Cleveland-Massillon Rd. northbound to SR 261 eastbound to Barber Rd southbound to Norton Ave. westbound.
The following traffic configuration and ramp closures are in place through late November for roadway reconstruction:
· The ramp from Cleveland Massillon Rd. to I-76 westbound. The detour will be SR 261 westbound to I-76 westbound.
· The ramp from Barber Rd. to I-76 westbound. The detour is SR 261 westbound to Cleveland-Massillon Road southbound or Norton Road westbound to Cleveland Massillon Rd. northbound.
· The State St. entrance ramp to I-76 westbound. The detour is State St. southbound to SR 619/Wooster Rd northbound.
- The ramp from SR 21 northbound to I-76 westbound. The detour is SR 21 northbound to SR 261 westbound to SR 21 southbound to I-76 westbound
- The ramp from I-76 westbound to SR 21 southbound. The detour is I-76 westbound to SR 261 westbound to I-76 eastbound to SR 21 southbound
- Motorists traveling on I-76 westbound from just west of SR 619/Wooster Rd. to SR 94 should be aware of a bi-directional traffic pattern. Although two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction on I-76, westbound traffic is split, with one lane of westbound traffic crossed over onto I-76 eastbound, while the second lane remains on I-76 westbound. Motorists wishing to exit at Barber Rd., Cleveland Massillon Rd., SR 21 and SR 261 should remain in the right lane.
The following restrictions and closure are in place through early December 2017, for the reconstruction of the Cleveland Massillon Rd. bridge over I-76:
- Cleveland Massillon Rd. over I-76 is reduced to one lane in each direction
- Oser Rd. at Cleveland Massillon Rd. is closed. The detour is Cleveland Massillon Rd. to Greenfall Rd. to Easton Rd.
· The I-76 eastbound exit ramp to Cleveland Massillon Rd. is restricted to a right turn only. The detour for motorists wanting to turn left is Cleveland Massillon Rd. to Norton Ave. to Barber Rd. SR 261 OR I-76 eastbound to Barber Rd to SR 261.
- I-76 westbound to Cleveland Massillon Rd. is restricted to a right turn only for trucks. The truck detour is I-76 westbound to SR 21 south to I-76 eastbound to Cleveland Massillon Rd.
I-76 between the Medina County line and Central Ave. has occasional nightly lane restrictions for pavement widening. This work is part of an $80.4 million project to reconstruct the pavement on I-76 between the Medina County line and Central Ave. The project also includes the widening of I-76 between SR 21 and Central Ave. The entire project is scheduled to be completed by late July 2019.